Gift Idea for Chinese Parents and Grandparents

The holiday season has started and if you are shopping for gifts for your Chinese parents and grandparents, I would love to introduce you to bilingual guided journals. I know with my own family, its super hard to shop for them, and most times they usually don't even want a gift. However if you are looking for a great gift idea, I promise this gift would be extra special to whoever is the receiver of the gift.

Now let me introduce to you.... “Letters to my Children from Mom/Dad” and “Letters to my Grandkids from Grandma/Grandpa” - a bilingual English and Simplified Chinese Guided Keepsake Journal for Chinese Parents and Grandparents. Each journal is filled with over 100 thoughtful question prompts for your parents/grandparents to share and pass down their stories, experiences, and wisdom. Whether your parents/grandparents are more comfortable with Chinese or English, he or she can respond in the language that feels more natural to them. Letters to My Children/Grandkids makes a meaningful and personalized gift that will be treasured for years to come.

I started creating this journal earlier in the year back when my grandpa was dealing with health issues and had to move into a nursing home as our family didn't have the capacity to care for him.  I felt lucky and fortunate to have grown up and lived in the same household with both of my grandpa and grandma until that changed this year.  Seeing my grandpa deal with health issues and just aging in general made me realize there is still so much I don't know about him even though we used to live together- things like did they get along with his own parents, what was the immigration process like to America, what were his childhood dreams,  etc etc.

I didn't want to lose the precious time I have left with him to learn more about him so I wanted to make this guided journal for him to write down/share his stories and to pass this down to our family and also for us to start having those conversations and break down those barriers. If anyone else is in a similar boat, I hope this journal will help!

Links to purchase: Click Here!
Check out my Instagram
Check out my TikTok


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gift Ideas for the Girly Girls

Gift Ideas for Girlfriend